Jul 3, 2014

What's For Supper

So I wanted something quick and easy tonight with minimal prep and clean up, here is what I came up with. 

I had wonderful local crooked neck squash and zucchini from my Aunt Vicki's garden, an onion left over from my last Jazbac Farm delivery, potatoes I purchased on sale at Aldi's and pork chops. I cut up the potatoes, onions, squash and zucchini into 1/2 in disc placed them on an individual sheet of foil. Then I drizzled each with flavored olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Then topped with a pork chop and a pat of butter for good measure wrapped them up and cooked on a cookie sheet at 400 for an hour. 

Yum, yum plenty of flavor and easy clean up! Here is how one looked before I wrapped it up. And clean up was a breeze! I think I am going to try using the crock pot next time. 


For 4 people I used: 

3-medium russet potatoes
3-small crooked neck squash
1-large white onion
1-medium zucchini 
4-pork chops
4-pats of butter 
Seasoning to taste

Divided evenly onto 4 sheets of foil, wrap up the top then the sides and cook on a baking sheet at 400 degrees for 1 hour. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me...