Aug 9, 2012

All In One Meal Pinterest Recipe Success

So I have been putting my Pinterest time to good use this week. I have tried 3 recipies and have had great success. First was the homemade low fat ranch dressing recipe. Next was a black bean casserole (post to come later) and now an all in one dish with meat, veggies and potatoes in a yummy (not low fat) sauce. I changed it up a little to fit our needs and taste. Also, here is the original pin link on Pinterest. You can do this with beef, pork or chicken and change up the veggies to suit your family's taste this is just what worked for us.

First the ingredients: (and sorry for the picture quality, I was trying a new app and it turns out it diminished the megapixels)


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
4-5 pieces of your choice of meat (I used chuck steak this time)
2 cans of green beans (1lb of fresh if you can find good ones)
4-5 medium red potatoes (depending on how many you are feeding)
1 stick of butter (told you it was not low fat)
1 package of Italian Seasoning mix (I used Garlic and Herb for extra flavors)

Place the meat in the middle of a 9x13 baking dish


Wash and cut up the potatoes into cubes and place beside the meat


Drain the 2 cans of green beans well (I poured mine in a colander before starting so they would be good and drained) then place them on the other side of the meat.


Next melt the butter and mix with the seasoning packet and pour over the whole dish.


Now cover it in foil and bake for and 1-1:15 hours. If you are using fresh green beans and want them mush the longer the better and also with the beef it needed longer to be nice and tender. 

Then tada you have a whole meal in one pan. I served with some hot yeast rolls and apple pie. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me...