May 23, 2012

Sensory Box

What do you do when you have a child who is a sensory seeker? A child for whom every time you picked him up from school all he talked about was the sand or water table. And now that school is out and you can't afford a fancy sand or water table like they have a preschool. You create your own sensory box for inside play.

Here is my first of what I hope to be several sensory boxes. This one is a 16 QT tote or what some stores call a sweater tote that I found at Dollar General for $3 and a 8lb of pinto beans for $8 from Walmart. I wanted to buy the beans in bulk from my local farmer's market but they have been out for several weeks. We already had all the construction toys and extras.

Today was the first day of use and he is already enthralled and didn't want to stop to take his nap. So here is to fun sensory play on days that we can't get outside.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me...