May 31, 2012

Do You Pin?

Are you on Pinterest? Are you one of the millions of others that spend 10, 15, 30, 60, 240, or a gazillion minutes pinning, repinning, planning your meals, redecorating your house, or just awing at what other people can do? Well I am!

I found Pinterest about a year ago when we were redoing Hotrod's room. From there I fell down the rabbit hole into a never ending journey of pinning. I have hundreds of people that "follow" my boards and I follow lots of others, but here recently I have re-evaluated my pinning.

When I started pinning I found I pinned everything even remotely interesting, crafts, food, sayings, how to climb Mount Everest, sure I might do that some day, sure...not. So I have started cleaning up my boards and checking out websites before I pin most things. I no longer pin or follow craft boards, just being real, I am not a craft person. I also don't pin if the link is to a tumblr site, they are just to hard to find the original post. If I find a pin I like and it just takes me to a picture I use this technique to locate the original post and then pin from there.

I now only pin thing I really think I will do or use. And I am going through my current pins and culling out the unrealistic ones. Also, my other issue with pinning is not having feed back from others who might have tried it and if it worked or not. Yes, I know I could go to the original post and see if there are any comments but when you are sitting in the grocery store parking lot and seeing what recipe you want to make, reading a list of comments just isn't realistic.

So am going to try and do two things to hopefully help others. One, I am going to start posting here in the blog what I have tried and wether it worked or not and two, adding a comment to my pin in Pinterest. I know this won't help others that have already repinned but maybe it will help future pinners.

So here is my first review: Plain Chicken's Bacon Ranch Potato Salad.

This image is from the Plain Chicken website!


 I found this post right before Memorial Day and for a recipe it fit 2 criteria, easy and few ingredients. So I tried out this last night to go with pulled pork sandwiches and coleslaw. It was a hit! Even left overs were good! So if you are looking for a good, easy, different potato salad head over to Plain Chicken and check it out!

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya about Pininterst. I have pinned tons of stuff just because it was the moment. Now if I can get some free time to delete. Thanks for posting, it keeps the purpose of Pininterest in perspective. Now if I could rid Words iwth Friend and Draw something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit I am about over Draw Something. It was fun at first but has lost that newness. WWF however is an addiction I don't think I'll give up soon.

      Delete

Talk to me...