Mar 30, 2012

Fostering a Love of Reading

Ever since my son was born we have read to him. Nap time, bedtime, and anytime in between we read. I have boxes of books ready that will grow with him as he grows. There are books in the car, books in his room, books on the iPod Touch, and my iPhone so we are never far away from a book.

So imagine my delight when the other morning after getting up and as I was preparing our breakfast and lunches to find him behind the chair in his room reading a book. Now I knew to go and look for him because it was way to quiet. He normally hits the ground running in the morning so it was a nice surprise to see he had taken a moment to slow down and read. Sniff, sniff, he is growing up!


Here he is reading. The sound isn't too great as I couldn't get too close or he would have stopped. He is reading Five Little Monkeys Bake a Birthday Cake

video


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me...