Mar 18, 2012

Banana Muffins

So I have a rather picky eater. Hotrod likes what he likes and is not that open to trying new things. So to try and help him be exposed to new foods I have started having him help me make one or two things a week. This also serves the purpose of teaching several different concepts in one setting. Which for my active son is a must.

So this week I saw a good recipe for banana bread on Pintetest I knew that we would have some ripe bananas by the end of the week and who doesn't like banana bread.

Now knowing that we hardly ever eat an entire loaf before it goes bad coupled with the fact that Hotrod asked to make cupcakes (muffins) I changed the cooking time and method to make muffins. Also, when you look at my picture of ingredients I know I only have 2 bananas out instead of 3, but I took the pictures after making the muffins so that was all that was left. When cooking with a 4  year old you do what is easy if not always perfect.

Now I have to give credit to the people who I adapted this recipe from: It came from a pin on Pinterest linked to a blog called 8 Weeks to a Better You Recipe. If you click on the link it will take you directly to the banana bread recipe listed below.


Banana Muffins

Ingredients

  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup sugar free applesauce
  • 3/4 cup honey
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 3 mashed overripe bananas

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 12 muffin tin.
  2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together applesauce and honey. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into the muffin tins about 1/2 full.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack. 


They ended up making about 21 muffins but that was because I had help filling the tins and some were fuller than others. They turned out to be very tasty and I was able to freeze some so we can eat on them for several weeks. 

The Ingredients
Final Product



1 comment:

  1. Im so on this. Thanks for the Pinterest recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...