Aug 16, 2011

The Slump Week

As with every time I have tried to lose weight about 3-4 weeks into the program I hit a slump. The point in the cycle where the newness has worn off and the pounds don't seem to come off as quicky.

This is when old habits start to creep back up, I don't watch my portions, I rationalize why I can have those French fries or one Dr. Pepper won't do any damage. The week that I don't lose any weight but actually gain a pound or two.

Last week was that week. I ate out too much, ate too much and sat on my rear. And yes as a result I gained a pound. True that it is more than likely water weight with all the salt I consumed but weight is weight.

So it is at this point in this journey that I either redouble my efforts or just say the heck with it and eat what ever. Many times in the past I have chosen the latter and that is why I am in the shape I am in. But not this time!

Yesterday I put the food scales more pominently in place. I have downloaded a pedometer to my iPhone and am determined to press on. I have stocked up on more fruits and veggies and whole grains.

I know this will continue to be a battle for me. It is hard to break 40 years of habits. But I can and will do it!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me...