Aug 14, 2011

Sleep...Wonderful Sleep

9, count it 9; 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9---9 hours of glorious sleep. Yep, that is how many hours of sleep I got last night. 9, did tell you it was 9!

The reason I am so over joyed at the number 9 is that I have not had more than 6-7 hours, and those are interrupted hours, of sleep since the second trimester of pregnancy when I developed pre-eclamsia. That was almost 5 years ago!

All through out the remainder of my pregnancy, infancy, night time feedings, changing, waking up for a dream, in addition to taking care of a ailing family member, transitioning to a new bed, etc...I have not had the sleep only non parents can boast about.

So I will shout it from the rooftops! 9 hours of sleep!

For those of you with little one's just know it will eventually come to you too. For those working 2nd and 3rd shifts I feel for you and would never want your job. Hopefully you can enjoy sleep soon too.

So I am starting off another great Sunday with a body full of energy. Now lets see how long it last!

1 comment:

  1. Girl, how have you managed? i would be a holy terror without my hours. i can see why you have that java in the am. hopefully the 9 has continued.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...