Jul 13, 2011

The Making of A Boy's Bedroom

So the time as come in our household to make our little boy's (ok he's 4, not so little) bedroom into a big boy bedroom. Now we skipped the whole toddler bed thing and are going straight from a crib to a twin size bed.

Judge me as a mom if you will for my child still being in a crib but he sleeps 12-13 sometimes 15 hours a day including naps, is safe and has never tried to climb out. And one of the most important things beyond nutrition for a growing child is sleep. It is the only time the pituitary gland releases the growth hormone.(ok, I'll get off my soapbox)

OK, on with the post. So we have poured over catalogs, websites, sales circulars and have finally come up with a plan. Though my son is not one for shopping he got the biggest thrill out of shopping for the mattresses.

So the first part of the transformation took place last night with us ordering his mattress and foundation. It should be here on Friday. Now on to the rest.

It has been a long time since I have done a room from top to bottom and I forgot what all it takes. So a shopping  I will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me...