Jun 15, 2011

Picasa Convert

I have become a Picasa convert. For those of you who don't know what Picasa is, it is a free photo editing software from Google. And since I use Blogger, a Google based web service, the interface is wonderful. I can download, edit and upload the pictures from my camera, and iPhone. I can save them to my hard drive or upload them to my Picasa acct. From there I can easily use them in my blog when I am on the go or share them out to friends and family.

Now I have tried other photo editing software like Roxio, Photoshop and the integrated Microsoft photo editor but they were either too complicated (Photoshop) or just didn't fit my needs.

Another great thing about Picasa is it has this great tool called photo tagging in which it will scan all your pictures for faces and then put them in a group. You can then go in and tag the photos you have, of let's say Uncle Billy Bob and when you are in search of that certain picture of Uncle Billy Bob doing a cannonball you can go your Uncle Billy Bob folder quickly and find where it is located on your computer. Okay, I don't have an Uncle Billy Bob but you get the idea.

So if you are not already invested both time and money wise check out Picasa you might find it meets your needs too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me...