Mar 4, 2011

Mommy Confessions

Okay I'll admit I was one of those women before I had a child would make comments when seeing others with children such as, "I wouldn't do that", "I would never feed my child that", "that child needs to...". Little did I know back then the amount of decisions and battles a mom has to face each and every day. The phrase comes to mind, don't judge another till you've walked a mile in his shoes. Well all I can say is AMEN!

And with that little intro here is my mommy confession. I currently negotiate with my child to eat his food. My go to food at the moment is Wavy Lays Potato Chips. Yes, it pains me to say that at just about every meal for the last 2-3 weeks I have used the phrase, "if you eat two more bites you an have some chips." I am not proud of this, I sometimes hang my head in shame when walking to the pantry to get the beloved chips, however, he is eating more and more. Yes, I try to make it through meals without using the phrase, and yes I know that if my child doesn't eat a meal or two he won't starve, but I just can't stand for him not to eat.

So there you have it my Mommy Confession of the day. I could probably have one a day for several months but this is the one I will share with the world. The rest will stay hidden away.

1 comment:

  1. share some more...we all have been there, will get there, and hopefully not remain there....

    remember when i was training si to potty. chocolate chips were the evil bribe. try winging your kid from that?

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...