Dec 13, 2010

Full Service Gas Stations

I grew up in a time when there were full service gas stations. For you young folks it was when you pulled up to a gas station and heard a bell ring, and attendant came out and said, "filler up ma'am".

Now we always went to Mathison Gulf on Palo Pinto Street. For years I remember James filling up our family car with gas, washing the windows, checking the oil, tire pressure, state inspections, and just about anything else the vehicle needed.

About the time I got my drivers license was when self service stations were coming on board and not wanting to be anything like my parents (sorry mom) I started filling up myself.

As time as passed  here in the great state of Texas the self service station has gone by the wayside in favor of mega convenient store stations where you can get cappachino with your gas, but I have found a self service station here in Weatherford and HELLO, I now know the joy of not having to get out of my car when it is raining, cold or windy, I don't have to get my hands dirty, wash my windows or worry about skimmers at the pay at the pump credit card readers. Now I can sit in my nice warm car and sing songs with my son and enjoy this luxury for only $2.00 more per fill up. Well worth it in my opinion.

So if you are ever in Weatherford M-Sat stop by Don's Chevron on South Main by Gibson's and enjoy the good ole days. And while your at it mosey over to Gibson's to enjoy some small town dry good's store experience as well. I will blog about that another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me...