Nov 26, 2010

Giving Thanks #25

Well, today is a hard day to write what I am thankful for because I learned this afternoon that one of my cousins passed away after a car accident this morning. It is very sad when a young, vibrant, sweet, energetic person is taken so unexpectantly. I am reminded how fragile life can be and to tell your family and friends every time you see them that you love them and never take them for granted because you never know when it will be the last time you see them. I am thankful for a large and close extended family that will provide lots of love and support to the family. God Bless them in this time of loss and sorrow. This poem was read at my Pappy's memorial and it says so much and I want to share it in this time of loss:

Miss me, but let me go



When I come to the end of the road
And the sun has set for me,
I want no tears in a gloom-filled room,
Why cry for a soul set free?

Miss me a little – But not for long
And not with your head bowed low,
Remember the love that we once shared,
Miss me – But let me go.

For this is a journey we all must take,
And each must go alone,
It’s all a part of the Master’s plan
A step on the road to home.

When you are lonely and sick of heart
Go to your friends that we know,
And bury your sorrows in doing good works,
Miss me – But let me go.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I pray that the family will find comfort and peace knowing that their loved one is in heaven.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...