Sep 21, 2010

Dr. Seuss and Family Traditions

Growing up one of my fondest memories is that of my dad reading us a book before bed. Now, my dad is a great storyteller and add the whimsical rhymes of Dr. Seuss and you have a child's delight. Weather it be Green Eggs and Ham, The Cat in the Hat, One Fish, Two Fish, Horton, Sneetches, Lorax, or strolling down Mulberry Street, I looked forward to bedtime.

So when I was teaching and had the opportunity to buy all of my favorite childhood books at a great price I did. I kept them boxed up and waiting until I had my own child to read nap time and bedtime stories too. Through several moves (boy they are heavy) they have finally been open. Though we have had some small board books from Dr. Seuss these are the hardcover, paper page books that we all know and love.

I look forward to many nights of reading to JN just like my dad read to me, even though I know my storytelling is not quite as entertaining. Thanks dad for the great memories and I hope to pass those along.

1 comment:

  1. Darn if Theadore didn't stick to the 32 page rule for children's books. I love them too as they are fun to ready all his silly made up words.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...